- Special Assistant & Project Manager
- Go to our website »
Special Assistant & Project Manager
About the Opportunity
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This role reports to the Vice President for Finance, with a matrix reporting structure that includes support for the Associate Vice President for Operational Effectiveness. The primary focus of this work is to ensure that the team is exceptionally well organized and optimally efficient with their time, while leading project management efforts related to organizational transformation. Individuals in this position are responsible for driving project work streams to support the strength and capacity of our leadership team. These responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring agility and the potential for shifts in priorities.
Four to six years' experience in project management or acting in a supportive role to a senior position required. Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to create and manage effective office systems and to prioritize tasks and demands. Exceptional interpersonal communication, critical thinking skills, and project management ability. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, utilization of the Web, presentation and spreadsheet development, and database management. Strong written and oral communication skills required. Detail-oriented, able to understand and communicate complex material, able to work with confidential information, and possess good judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills. Knowledge and skills are normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree. Degree in Business Administration is desirable.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Project Management
- Manages special projects and assignments to include triaging project challenges and escalating barriers. Understands and is sensitive to group dynamics and political nature of special projects undertakings.
- In support of special projects, conducts research and compiles data, identifies specific tasks, tracks and reports progress against project plan.
- Provides support for the strategic planning process and goal setting, advances and monitors progress on the organization's initiatives.
- Identifies complimenting projects and advises organization on potential efficiencies.
- Processes invoices for external consultants and vendors in a timely manner.
- Prepares draft communications and special messaging as required, proofreads documents, and coordinates the production of various reports to achieve the maximum impact in reaching the intended audiences.
2) Activities Management
- Manages and coordinates a high volume of demands for the leader's time by prioritizing requests and demonstrating significant independent judgment in identifying and resolving potential conflicts.
- Uses diplomacy to respond quickly and efficiently to schedule changes.
- Anticipates needs by independently soliciting and providing necessary back-up and research materials in a timely way to ensure leader is well-prepared for all meetings, events, and speaking engagements.
- Makes travel arrangements for the team, prepares itinerary and event information, and tracks and completes all expense reports in a timely manner.
3) Office Management
- Serve as point of contact for any special administrative task requests by Vice President for Finance or Sr. Vice President for Finance & Treasurer.
- Ensures adequate staff coverage for the office by serving as a back-up resource for existing executive support staff team.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Special-Assistant---Project-Manager_R112567
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency