TTU Post Doctoral Rsch Assoc
Animal and Food Sciences
Performs specialized Post Doctoral work in the planning, conducting and/or supervision of original research. Responsible for participating in a research project associated with PhD studies and the interpretation of the results of publication. Work is performed under supervision of graduate faculty members with evaluation based on accomplishment of assigned objectives and overall effectiveness of project. May supervise research and student assistants.
This position is associated with the Meat Science Program within the department. The candidate in this position is expected to:
- Conduct research through the analysis of food and biological samples; including collection, organization, and summarization of data.
- Train, supervise, manage and assist those working in the sensory and meat science laboratories.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with university, state and federal regulations.
- Monitor the use and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to work in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and R on the computer.
- Work with various species of animals with expertise working with dogs and cats
- Train animals for research.
- Work with data collection equipment, such as cameras, video recorders and computers.
- Program in Python, C++ and R languages
- Drive and commute to research sites in the USA and France.
- International Travel
- Organize and conduct research projects.
- Responsible for schedules, data collection, lab analysis, and summary.
- Write grant proposals for future projects, maintain IACUC protocols and amendments.
- Have a flexible schedule to accommodate research protocols.
- Work with university veterinarian regarding project animals and protocols; and purchase supplies.
- Work with study sponsors at the sponsors research sites.
PhD in area of project specialization Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities. Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public. Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing direct training and supervision as needed.
- PhD degree in Animal Science or related field
- Knowledge of performing, interpreting and writing original research with a goal of publication in appropriate journals.
- Knowledge of animal behavior.
- Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof.
- Knowledge and research experience in olfaction and animal behavior.
- Experience training dogs and cats.
- Experience programming and coding for research experiments in Python, R and C++.
- Experience constructing, modifying and maintaining behavioral research equipment.
- Experience writing/preparing manuscripts for publication.
- Ability to read and write in English and French.
- Ability to travel internationally for field research.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency