Buildings & Events-JM (Terrence Pellerin)
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Worcester Polytechnic Institute is seeking multiple, part time temporary Custodians to perform custodial functions in campus academic and non-academic buildings for the Facilities Department.
Part-time temporary custodial positions are created to provide an available applicant pool for the department. Positions will be filled on an as needed basis. Start dates will vary as the Facilities Department needs change based on staffing levels.
Performs custodial functions in academic areas and in non-academic areas. Responsible for maintaining assigned areas keeping them neat, clean and sanitary.
- Receives assignments in either verbal or written form from the Facilities Supervisory Staff. Follows a routine schedule utilizing approved products and procedures. Maintains various types of flooring, cleans restrooms, showers, kitchens, offices, stairwells, and public spaces
- Responsible for locking and unlocking buildings exterior and interior spaces
- Required to move furniture and equipment inside a building, not characteristic to rigging
- Performs setups and breakdowns of furniture for WPI sponsored events, returns the facility back to its original state of use
- During the winter months clears snow
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs
- High School or GED education required
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to use various types of cleaning equipment, both powered and non-powered
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Temporary-Custodian_R0000002
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency