- Title IX Coordinator
- Go to our website »
Manhattanville is seeking aTitle IX Coordinator to provide leadership in promoting gender equity on campus. The Title IX Coordinator ensures the College's compliance with federal and New York State regulations regarding discrimination and/or harassment of a sexual or gender-based nature.The position reports to the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the institutional custodian of all Title IX, harassment, discrimination, sexual violence and Clery Act reports and compliance records for internal and external reporting purposes and works collaboratively with other departments across the institution to ensure compliance and accurate data collection.
- Provide Title IX compliant training to investigators, decision makers, and facilitators of informal resolutions and ensure that all new hires, employees, and students receive annual Title IX training
- Coordinate the prompt, effective, and equitable intake, investigation, and timely resolution and documentation of all allegations of sex or gender-based discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, pursuant to applicable state law, federal law, and university policy
- Coordinate supportive measures for Complainants and Respondents in Title IX processes
- Provide students, faculty, and staff with information regarding the College complaint process, available resources, supportive measures, and reporting and resolution options;
- Coordinate reasonable accommodations for pregnant or parenting individuals
- Assist Campus Public Safety requirements relating to: compilation of data for annual security reports, public daily crime log, annual fire report, and reports of missing students.
- Regularly review, draft and implement policies and procedures related to harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, ADA, and other related policies in connection with all Manhattanville programs, ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Oversee and coordinate educational efforts related to sexual assault prevention, alcohol, and substance abuse
- Develop and implement a comprehensive education, training, prevention, response, and outreach effort related to Title IX
- Supporting student groups and programming
- Maintain a comprehensive case management system that organizes, manages, and tracks all reports and preserves other Title IX documentation as required by law;
- Oversee protocols for campus responses to data requests from internal and external constituents and agencies
- Remain current regarding state and federal law, including but not limited to Title VII, Title IX, VAWA, Campus Save Act, Clery Act, FERPA, and 129B;
- Remain current regarding trends in the field of education related to sex discrimination and sexual misconduct.
- Act as the point of contact for campus community, governmental agencies, and members of the public regarding information or concerns regarding sex discrimination, including sexual misconduct
- Communicate with local law enforcement and government agencies to ensure reports are handled appropriately and in a timely manner, coordinate with local victim advocacy organizations and service providers.
- Serve as the Title IX Coordinator for Athletics per NCAA regulations
- Author a report annually on the Title IX system, including case levels, outreach efforts, systemic changes, campus climate assessments, and other essential updates.
- Maintain a Title IX webpage with up to date resources and policy information.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in Title IX compliance, law, human resources, student life, student conduct or similar field required
- Experience in conducting trauma-sensitive investigations in a higher education setting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with issues related to gender-based violence required.
- Higher education experience is strongly preferred.
- ATIXA certification or related certification strongly preferred.
- The ability to handle confidential material with utmost discretion is critical.
For consideration, send a cover letter, CV/resume, and a list of three professional references to email@example.com.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency