CAMPUS AND PARKING SERVICES SPECIALIST
San Diego County - District Office
Transforming lives through learning isn't just the vision of the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District. It happens every day with our 30,000 students who take the first step in their higher education, become trained for a new career, or learn knowledge that transforms their world perspective.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District honors a diverse academic community and fosters equity mindedness across our institutions. As such, the District is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among different student groups by promoting a culture of appreciation for diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice, and continuously examining our processes and practices through an equity lens.
The District provides an excellent health and welfare benefits package to its employees. We take care of our employees and have continued to offer medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible employees and their dependents at no charge for any of the plans we offer.
Become a part of this dedicated team in beautiful San Diego County!
Please read the entire job posting before your application is submitted. Important instructions to applicants are at the bottom of the page. Be attentive when applying as many of our positions require multiple attachments.
Please note: each page of the application will save upon clicking next.' Draft applications can be accessed through the candidate home page.
Application Deadline: October 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Department: Campus and Parking Services
Months worked out of the Year: 12 months
Work hours: Saturday - Wednesday: 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM (midnight); schedule subject to change based on need.
Shift Differential: 5%
Starting Salary Range:
Range: 30; $3,517 (Step A) or $3,719 (Step B) Monthly
Based on education and experience.
Anticipated Start Date: November or December 2019
- Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide protection to district property; guard against intrusion, theft and vandalism; make oral and written reports of any hazardous conditions affecting the security of District buildings and grounds.
- Provide vehicle and foot patrol of campus roads, walkways, parking lots, academic/administrative buildings, physical education facilities, food service areas, adjacent areas, and off-site locations.
- Work the District-wide telephone system and radio systems. Receive, assess, prioritize and directs calls for service.
- Observe and report acts of vandalism, thefts, unusual behavior, and intrusions to buildings, properties and adjacent areas, to district police or local law enforcement.
- Observe and report unsafe conditions and fire hazards.
- Observe and report persons entering or leaving buildings and grounds after regular instructional hours to district police.
- Report fires, warn persons and attempt to extinguish with available fire-fighting equipment.
- Secure doors, windows and gates in and to buildings on district campuses.
- Activate, deactivate, and monitor fire and intrusion alarms, turn off lights and running water to buildings on district campuses.
- Respond to calls for service, such as traffic control, unlocking rooms and offices, minor automobile assistance and other related campus services.
- Provide parking and traffic control services including issuing parking citations in accordance with department guidelines and other appropriate procedures. Make appropriate recommendations and decisions to reduce or eliminate unsafe conditions.
- Provide escorts to faculty, staff and students and temporary mobility assistance to faculty, staff, and students.
- Respond to medical emergencies in accordance with department guidelines and appropriate procedures.
- Provide public relations/customer services to faculty, staff, students and the public as requested and when appropriate, including assistance to motorists.
- Participate in campus emergencies operations as directed.
- Prepare written records of activities and incidents.
- Provide directions and information to visitors and members of the college community.
- Provide parking information and traffic control to visitors and members of the college community.
- Take custody of found, lost or abandoned property.
- Participate in on-going, in-service training, and attend meetings as assigned. Training may be conducted during off-duty hours including days, evenings, midnights, weekends and holidays
- Maintain departmental area(s) in a safe, clean and orderly condition; assure compliance with established safety procedures and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and practices of security procedures of a community college.
- Current English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Recordkeeping and report writing techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Techniques of fire prevention.
- Techniques of safety and hazard recognition.
- Basic First Aid and CPR procedures.
- Use of hand-held 2-way radios.
- Prepare and complete clear and concise reports and records.
- Administer first aid and CPR
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Make detailed observations and accurately remember facts.
- Observe and comply with health and safety practices and procedures.
- Analyze situations accurately and respond quickly and appropriately.
- Determine reasonable action in situations not covered in guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain currency of qualifications for area of assignment.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, prefer one additional year of college level course work in related field or certificate of completion in security or law enforcement training. Six (6) months of security work experience or parking and transportation services experience may substitute for one year of college level course work.
- Prefer one (1) year of work experience in a security assistant or similar assignment.
- Work shifts can be day, evening or midnight shifts and includes weekends and holidays as needed.
- Indoor and outdoor environment, may be subject to adverse weather conditions; will require standing and walking for extended periods of time; and will require working alone or in isolated areas.
- Incumbents may be involved or exposed to hazardous conditions in outdoor and indoor environments.
- Uniforms and other authorized safety equipment will be provided by the department.
- Will be required to respond and prepare for emergency call-back during off-duty hours including days, evenings, midnights, weekends, holidays, and vacations.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the California State Department of Motor Vehicles is required and must be verified at the time of appointment. Valid first aid and CPR certificates must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applicants may find it helpful to refer back to the job posting, specifically the special instructions, while applying. Consider saving the job description or opening a new browser window.
*ATTENTION* Application materials with pictures or personal information will render your application incomplete. Please do not include any materials that were not asked for.
Having the following materials prepared and ready to attach BEFORE beginning the application may make the application experience more seamless.
Position specific required documents:
- Complete and current resume
- 1-2 page cover letter addressing how you meet the qualifications for this position. *ATTENTION* The cover letter is also used while screening your application materials to gain information about your qualifications.
*ATTENTION* Please upload .doc, .docx, or PDF files. If you are working on Google Docs or Mac files please be sure to save under .doc or PDF for file to upload correctly.
Under Federal Law, employers are required to verify that all new employees are eligible for employment in the United States. Prior to appointment to a position, you must present acceptable proof of your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
GCCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX employer.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who require accommodations for completing the application process or interviewing should notify the Human Resources Department by calling (619) 644-7679.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful fingerprint clearance. A processing fee plus Live Scan fee will be required.
To apply, visit https://gcccd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gcccdcareers/job/San-Diego-County---District-Office/CAMPUS-AND-PARKING-SERVICES-SPECIALIST_R-00930.
The Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District, a two-college district in eastern San Diego County, has been providing a high-quality education to the region since Grossmont College opened its doors in 1961 and Cuyamaca College began operating in 1978. The district is tied closely to the suburban and rural communities that it serves, providing a $1 billion economic impact to the region through its payroll, purchasing, and spending by students and alumni.
The district has a strong commitment to diversity and equity with a student population representing a broad variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, cultures and abilities. The district strives to provide an educational environment that fosters cultural awareness, mutual understanding, and respect that ultimately also benefits the global community.
The colleges offer more than 150 degrees and certificates in a wide range of programs. Both colleges have signature programs that have become well-renowned. Grossmont College is recognized for its top-notch Administration of Justice, Culinary Arts, Nursing and Allied Health and Theatre Arts programs, while Cuyamaca is known for its Automotive Technology, Ornamental Horticulture, Environmental Health and Safety and Water/Wastewater Technology programs.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency