ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ACADEMIC PERSONNEL (Administrator I)
Posting Number: VA1133
Under the general direction of the Interim Associate Vice Provost (AVP) for Academic Personnel, the incumbent is responsible for providing consultation, guidance, expert advice and recommendations in accordance with the Unit 11 and Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA), and CSU policies and technical letters, to academic units in areas related to faculty appointments, workload, compensation programs, retention, tenure and promotion processes, leaves, Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP) and other areas related to academic personnel. The incumbent will provide recommendations to the Associate Vice Provost on related academic policies and practices based on CBA provisions and Chancellor's Office (CO) communications and take a leadership role in providing modifications to and implementing existing policies and procedures in accordance with these provisions and communications. The incumbent maintains currency in all Academic Personnel guiding documents including the CBA, CSU Chico Executive Memoranda and policies, and technical letters, and is responsible for working collaboratively with campus programs and the Chancellor's Office (CO) in the implementation of complex and highly technical processes. The incumbent is responsible for the oversight of all the Academic Personnel activities and daily operations of the Office of Academic Personnel (OAPL), manages the OAPL budget, and holds broad delegated authority with regard to the operational and management functions of Academic Personnel. The incumbent supervises the OAPL Administrative Support Coordinator (ASC) and the OAPL student employee, and provides dotted line supervision to all academic Administrative Analyst/Specialists (AA/Ss) and academic Administrative Support Coordinators (ASCs), directing, training, and providing expert and technical guidance to ensure compliance with all operational Academic Personnel related policies, procedures, and agreements. The incumbent reviews and approves all Unit 11 student employee Academic Appointment Forms (AAF) and holds the authority to approve Unit 3 lecturer appointments. The incumbent provides high level assistance to the Associate Vice Provost and the Director of Faculty Labor Relations in handling Unit 3 and Unit 11 complaints and grievances.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1133-Position-Description
The equivalent of a bachelors degree in business, public administration, or related area of study.
Five years of significant relevant experience in financial management and work experience that demonstrates progressive growth in responsibilities.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in the collection and evaluation of data to develop valid conclusions and recommendations.
- California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check/and or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
- This position is a Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA) designated managerial position and comes under the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. Individuals appointed to management positions serve at the pleasure of the President or designee. They are excluded from the collective bargaining process, are not subject to probationary service, and do not receive tenure or permanent status. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- The person holding this position is considered a Limited Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Director, Assoc, Asst, or Program Director/Category 2) & (Group/Category: Procurement Card Holder, 2) Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings for meetings and events.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency