This ad is expired.
Pasadena City College
Salary: $65,865.60 - $72,616.92 AnnuallyCFT-46
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 04862
Location: Pasadena, CA
Department: Business & Administrative Services
Closing: 11/27/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Grant Funded for five (5) fiscal years.
Under direction, performs professional level accounting and budget-related duties for the District and specially funded projects such as, but not limited to, grants.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Reviews journal entries to post and adjust entries to subsidiary ledgers and general ledgers.
- Develops tables and accounting journals to assign entries to proper accounts.
- Prepares financial statements, budget reports, and other financial reports.
- Reviews financial records to account for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Conducts audits of expenditure transactions.
- Analyzes financial data, accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyzes the operations, trends, costs, expenditures, financial commitments, and obligations for the area under responsibility to project future expenses and inform the development of budgets.
- Develops budgets to account for actual variances and inter-period or comparative variances.
- Reviews budget transfer requests by departments to ensure compliance with the Budget and Accounting Manual and budget availability.
- Monitors position control reporting or system to track permanent employees, vacant positions, and requests for new positions.
- Prepares forms and manuals for the accounting department.
- File budgetary and accounting information and records.
- Develops billing statements for project-based agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate's Degree, or higher, in Accounting, or a related field such as Finance
- Three (3) years of experience in accounting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES - May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- California Community College Budget and Accounting Manual (CCCBAM)
- Enterprise resources application software (ERP)
- General office software and equipment
- Governmental accounting and budget principles
- Apply knowledge of GAAP, CCCBAM, to ensure that accounting and budget functions are accurate and comply with established procedures and regulations.
- Use ERP software to retrieve data of District financial accounts, review transactions, and develop reports.
- Use general office software and equipment to communicate with District staff, external stakeholders, develop reports, create presentations, aggregate data, and develop forecasting models.
- Ensure effective customer service with all accounting-based interactions.
- Effectively select accurate mathematical methods or formulas to solve accounting issues.
- Effectively ensure that all accounting and budget-related transactions comply with District, Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of budgetary and personal information and records.
- Maintain up to date with District, Federal, State, and Local regulations governing fiscal accounting.
- Ensure the accuracy of accounting transactions and forecasting analysis.
- Deal with pressure and tight deadlines in an effective manner
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to convey information accurately, record information, discuss and resolve accounting discrepancies, and develop financial reports.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with District staff and external stakeholders to address all accounting and budgeting issues.
- Effectively research, read, interpret and apply Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Effectively work in a multiethnic environment.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT - Activities and environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands and environmental conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The position will continuously (5.6 hours - 8 hours) be required to exhibit the ability to communicate, sit, use sight, and fine manipulation to operate a computer and office equipment to retrieve data, resolve accounting discrepancies, prepare reports, and perform accounting functions.
The position will seldom (30 minutes or less) be required to walk to a variety of District locations to conduct meetings with District staff.
Continuously (5.6 hours - 8 hours) work in an indoor office environment within a moderate temperature and have contact with customers, end users, and the general public
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Pasadena City College (PCC) utilizes an online application process. Hard copy, e-mailed, or faxed resumes are not accepted. Job postings will not be reopened due to failure to submit an application before the closing date for any reason. You can apply for a position from any computer with Internet access. Please keep in mind the following:
- If you do not follow the process or your application/resume is incomplete, your information will not be processed.
- If you need to update any submitted information, you will need to reapply in full. When HR sees duplicate applications, we archive the oldest and the most recent application and materials are considered.
- The selection advisory committee will review, evaluate, and consider applications and supporting materials received by the deadline. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a particular position does not assure the applicant an interview.
- While the acceptance of the application packet is done through PCC's Applicant Tracking System (ATS), all hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee.
- Once applications are submitted, they are final. Please carefully review your application and the documents which you are attaching to make sure that they are free from errors and complete. If you require assistance with your application, please refer to the application guide or you may contact NeoEd Customer Support at 855-524-5627. Customer Support is available Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. (PST).
All materials listed below may be required for your application packet to be considered complete:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
After a review of applications received, the District may require the completion and submission of supplemental documents prior to the interview process.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of background check including Live Scan and Tuberculosis (TB) assessment/screening.
- Pasadena Area Community College District will not sponsor any visa applications.
- Applicants must be available for interviews at Pasadena City College at no cost to the District.
- Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting the Office of Human Resources directly at (626) 585-7388.
- The Pasadena Area Community College District does not discriminate in the educational programs and activities operated by the District or in employment procedures and practices of the District. The Policies of Title IX as developed to date are available for inspection during normal business hours at the District office at 1570 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106.
- Crime awareness and campus security information are available from Campus Police. (Public Law 101-542).
- The Pasadena Area Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
- An applicant, who attempts to contact individual Board members or members of the screening committee with the intent of influencing the decision of the committee or the Board, will be disqualified. General inquiries regarding the position and/or District employment should be directed to the Office of Human Resources.
PASADENA AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/pasadenaedu/classified/jobs/4233026/accountant
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency