- Go to our website »
About Albizu University
Albizu University (AU) is a specialized higher education institution, whose mission is to educate professionals in behavioral sciences, speech pathology, and other disciplines, committed to research, improving quality of life, and servicing diverse communities. Founded in 1966, AU is the first professional school of psychology established in the Caribbean. The university is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; its clinical psychology programs are accredited by the American Psychological Association; and the Master of Science in Speech and Language Pathology program is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
We are looking for an accomplished chancellor to lead and guide staff and students. The Chancellor will serve as the chief academic and senior administrative official responsible for overseeing all operations on the Miami Campus. The Chancellor formulates plans for and directs the administration of the Miami Campus of AU within the authority delegated through the President by the Board of Trustees.
The responsibilities of the Chancellor include implementing the vision of the President creating relationships with external organizations and ensuring the growth of the institution. To be successful as a Chancellor, you should demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and superior interpersonal skills and be a highly skilled decision-maker. Ultimately, a competent Chancellor should constantly strive for excellence and excel in providing mentorship.
Track record leading teams for success.
- The ability to champion and advance academic excellence, student success, and degree
- A collaborative leadership style, demonstrated through the ability to engage the academic, administrative, student, government, and community leaders respectfully, and achieve a shared vision and buy-in for a progressive
- The style and experience of a planner and a doer, someone who takes pride in cultivating a team, setting clear, measurable goals and expectations, and achieving
- The ability to work with others toward a common goal in situations where all parties may not
- The ability to be visible and accessible to students, faculty, staff, and other constituents of the Albizu
- The capacity to
- The capacity for strategic thinking and
- The willingness to strive for consensus but also be decisive in decision-making when
- The capacity to understand that being a prudent risk-taker and practical visionary is necessary to achieve
- The capacity to follow up on innovative ideas with solid plans, effective measures of progress, and successful completion of projects.
- The ability to process multiple positions on issues, seek means to reconcile them, and effectively explain how and why decisions are made when complete and seamless reconciliation is not
- The ability to prioritize in a manner that increases support for academic
- To focus on service to the community within a framework of social justice.
- The ability to build collaborative relationships, trust, and respect across multiple constituencies (students, alumni, faculty, administrators, elected officials and heads of government agencies, and community and strategic partners).
- The ability to develop and nurture partnerships with external leaders and
- Experience managing clinical operations.
- The ability to manage a complex educational
- The capacity to support data-driven decision-making.
- Experience in building and managing budgets in diverse circumstances.
- An understanding of the marketing of higher education
- Strategic planning
- A record of success in raising money for a not-for-profit entity or funds for the development of a business.
- Demonstrated success in building a culture of philanthropy
- The ability to interact comfortably and effectively with diverse groups of people speaking English and Spanish in various
- Strong interpersonal
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- The ability to listen carefully and to adjust one's style and method as needed to communicate effectively to a wide range of constituents
- A genuine affinity for the academic process and an appreciation of the work of scholars and
- The highest ethical and moral standards in both professional and personal
- Perseverance, a strong work ethic, and drive to build a legacy of success.
- Intellect – as evidenced by educational attainment, curiosity, and open-mindedness.
- The eagerness and stamina to serve 24/7 as an institutional advocate and
- Experience generating revenue and balancing budgets.
- Confers with the Office of the President on new plans and
- Oversees programs concerning organizational, academic, and operational functions of the Miami
- Supervises, directly or through the corresponding officials, the personnel of the Miami
- Oversees operational procedures, rules, and standards relating to the faculty, the students, and the
- Oversees fiscal, physical, and academic planning activities such as budget development, building expansion, and new programs to anticipate cost-benefits and the money allocation
- Recruits and interviews Program/Unit Directors and core Faculty and makes the corresponding recommendations to the Office of the President.
- Establishes and maintains a liaison with other individuals and/or agencies.
- Conducts administrative staff and Program/Unit Directors' performance
- Oversees the development and utilization of the budget for the Miami Campus following the goals established in the Strategic
- Responsible for the coordination of strategic planning and budget process following the attached Strategic Plan and Budget
- Executes any special projects as specified by the
- Approves faculty contracts, textbooks, course syllabi, and clinical supervisors every
- Recommends Faculty and Staff salary revision
- Responsible for addressing and resolving the issues and findings when notified about Financial Aid Audits, Financial Audits, Accrediting Agencies, and
- Confers with the Office of the President on the annual results of operations for Audited Financial
- Responsible for the planning and development of instructional activities, when needed and in coordination with the academic dean program directors, to ensure that students receive assistance in meeting their learning
- Experience assuring compliance of accreditation standards.
- Maintains academic excellence at AU Miami
- Encourages students, faculty, and staff to abide by the policies and procedures as well as the institutional philosophy as contained in the catalog, faculty handbook, student handbook,
- Promotes an instructional atmosphere conducive to
- Encourages student participation in their academic and professional development.
- Encourages students to use additional learning resources
- Explores and appropriately develops alternative teaching strategies promoting and encouraging their
- Maintains availability to students on an individual and/or small group basis to respond to student questions and
- Oversees student evaluations twice per term at the faculty meetings to determine student progress and professional
- Keeps the academic community informed of progress and developments in the
- Oversees that the required academic reports and forms such as mid-term and final grades are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Holds membership and takes active participation in professional organizations that emphasize academic
- Supervises, through the Program Directors the preparation and administration of the comprehensive
- Participates in professional activities to give public exposure to the Institution.
- Makes recommendations regarding disciplinary actions and appeals.
- Uses office time to provide information to the academic community conducive to meeting their professional development
- Oversees the registration process every semester through the Enrollment Management
- Supervises due process for termination of students with academic and/or clinical
- Meets students who need assistance with academic and/or clinical matters after the intervention of previous
- Reviews and approves extension letters for students who request extensions over the specified time
Institutional Reports and Documents
- Oversees institutional self-study reports and those for accrediting agencies.
- Supervises annual institutional need assessment and outcome data analysis through various
- Oversees ongoing evaluation and review of the institutional development
- Reviews and monitors departmental working
- Monitors assessment of faculty and program
- Monitors external trends and makes recommendations
- Oversees and recommends revisions of institutional manuals and handbooks.
- Oversees the completion of the APA Survey of Graduate Students and Faculty Salary
- Approves the updated Graduation Protocol
- Approves the AU Monthly
- Revises and approves job descriptions for Program/Unit Directors
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.), Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Education, Speech and Language or Human Services.
- Demonstrated academic and practice experience with case management and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnics backgrounds populations (i.e., multicultural, non-traditional adult students, rural communities).
- Track-record of success working in a complex organization where success is achieved in partnership and collaboration.
- Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish).
Apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=89df2234-abda-481d-9d9f-d75161691110&ccId=9200493117153_2&type=JS&lang=en_US&jobId=459315
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Albizu University complies with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws; qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability, or any other protected group status.
Review of applications will begin on June 1, 2023. Prospective applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information of three professional references.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency