Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (ECEAP/ Toddler/Preschool)
Posting Number: 02197
Department: Early Learning Center
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Everett Community College is committed to creating and supporting life-long learners. We know that this begins with our youngest students at the Early Learning Center and we seek teachers who are committed to providing high quality, developmentally appropriate education for our children one to five years, as well as mentoring our student teachers in the Center. Our teachers respond to the individual child's needs by providing warm and responsive communication, guidance and positive learning opportunities which produce short and long term positive effects on children's cognitive, social, and emotional development.
As a part of the broader college system, our on campus early learning program provides high quality education for children while their parents complete their degrees. As student parents work towards their degrees, they are not only improving the quality of life for their families, but also encouraging educational achievement for their children.
This position begins is responsible for assisting an ECPS 3 Lead Teacher in implementing a culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate curriculum and environment that meets state licensing and NAEYC accreditation criteria.
Position has responsibility for contributing to positive relationships with children and families through daily classroom activities, communication and documentation, family nights and open houses..
Activities will include engaging with and supervising children indoors and outdoors, assisting at meals and naptimes, preparing and presenting projects to children and effectively supporting their participation and development throughout the day, as well as maintaining a healthy and safe environment throughout the Early Learning Center.
Position is responsible for assisting in performing developmental screenings and for documenting child, classroom and professional development activities needed to meet state licensing and NAEYC accreditation criteria.
Position acts as part of a reflective responsible learning community to build an early learning program and practices that contribute to the success of individual students, the goals of the Early Learning Center and the strategic initiatives of Everett Community College. The Early Learning Center supports teachers in developing and implementing professional and educational goals and offers regular training opportunities and reflective practice learning communities.
- Two years of experience working in an early childhood program, a CDA, or a minimum of 12 college credits in child development/early childhood education/education/special education.
- Ability to stay in compliance with all licensing and NAEYC accreditation requirements.
- Ability to exercise sensitivity in dealing with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as with individuals of diverse cultural ethnic backgrounds.
- Valid CPR/First Aid Card, Bloodborne Pathogens training, Food Handlers Permit or willingness to acquire the training(s) upon acceptance of the position.
- Ability to pass a DCYF Criminal History and Background Inquiry and provide a record of tuberculin skin test results.
- State Early Childhood Education Certificate (47 ECE credits)
- Knowledge of family support practices, multicultural competence and experience working with a diverse population.
- Special expertise and experience in Reggio philosophy, social emotional learning, nature education, art, music or movement.
- Competence using computers and digital photography.
- Commitment to reflective practice and further professional development.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to sit, stand and walk throughout the day both indoors and outdoors on uneven surfaces
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to assist children with various tasks
- Ability to see to verify data and visually monitor children indoors and outdoors
- Ability to hear and speak to ensure safety of children indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to lift and carry children up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires spending most of the day standing or moving to supervise children, not sitting.
- Must be able to crouch, kneel, bend, reach and sit at low tables.
Work Hours: Position works during the academic year (Sept June) with summers off. Excellent State of Washington benefits package, including retirement plan. The shift can change but is typically 7.5 hours per day, (scheduled based on enrollment), between the hours that the Early Learning Center is open which are currently 7:15 am to 5:15 pm. Hours may be scheduled to include 1-2 evenings per month for family events, meetings or training.
Posting Date: 05/20/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants selected to interview will be asked to bring to the interview 3 letters of reference, unofficial transcripts and a work sample.
Work sample can be a relevant college class assignment, or a written statement or visual representation of your philosophy about working with children. Please ensure that the confidentiality of any children discussed or pictured is safeguarded.
Everett Community Colleges mission is to educate, equip, and inspire each student to achieve personal and professional goals, contribute to our diverse communities and thrive in a global society. Furthermore, the Colleges vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold equity, cultural competence and inclusion. We are committed to hiring teachers that exemplify the vision, mission and core values of our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
Notice to Applicants
Prior to hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicants suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCCs policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $2,272.00 to $2,926.00 per month plus benefits
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/4649
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency