Facilities Interior Project Senior Specialist
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The Facilities Interior Project Senior Specialist serves as the institution's representative to coordinate furniture, fixtures and equipment for all college projects including new facilities, remodels and work order requests. The position will be responsible for the front-end issues such as space planning, meeting with end users to determine needs, work in coordination with the warehouse to determine furniture availability, daily tasks of TMA work orders (up front) and follow through on PO, working with vendors to provide quotes for new furniture and coordinate deliveries. Also responsible for customer service follow up and work order close out. Responsible for work order flow/scheduling for entire furniture shop. This position will be based in downtown Henderson, but will travel to all campuses. Mileage reimbursement is available if personal vehicle. Standard schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Rarely, deviations may occur to accommodate students and job deadlines. These deviations may include early mornings, later afternoons or weekends.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initial space planning and meeting with end users to determine needs for furniture and equipment requested keeping within the guidelines of the Fire Code, ADA and the College Standards Program.
- Processing work order requests including: providing quotes, processing RX's, updating TMA work orders, and updating furniture log.
- Coordinate the front end portion of the furniture projects including: coordination with warehouse, end users, vendors, receiving, business services, etc.
- Responsible for work flow scheduling for furniture shop.
- Act as support for furniture shop daily activities such as, processing work orders and furniture installation and maintenance.
- Maintain material and product library including warranty information. Ensure all pertinent warranty information is entered into TMA.
- Coordinate front-end activities on all FF&E at the College. Coordination must take place with minimal impact to student and staff. Maintenance of warranty information to develop accurate records will reduce future expenses on FF&E.
- Ability to exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects and negligible amounts of force frequently (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time; frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Ability to sit or walk long periods of time.
- Ability to reach low and high occasionally.
- Ability to work long periods of time on a computer or laptop.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 3 or more years related professional work experience OR must have equivalent overall work experience of 11 years OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Nevada Driver's License and the ability to drive among all CSN campuses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of furniture products including familiarity with various manufacturers, knowledge of furniture construction and varying levels of quality.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience working with furniture manufacturers or dealers, 11 years.
- Proficient in common computer software and ability to learn new software.
- Skill in computer-aided drafting.
- Good communication skills including verbal, written and graphic are required.
- Competence in Word Processing, Microsoft Outlook, and Spreadsheet software.
- Familiar with contracts, purchasing and bidding requirements.
- Knowledge of programming, budgeting and scheduling for projects involving FF&E.
- Experience working with a diverse multicultural student body and/or workforce.
- Direct experience in Workday.
- NSHE experience.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$48,298 - $55,512
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---303-South-Water-Street/Senior-Specialist---Facilities_R0117527-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency