This ad is expired.
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 527956
Work type: Auxiliary
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Part Time, On-site (work in-person at business location)
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, part time, non-benefited position through 3/31/2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
Location: San Bernardino
This position is in the department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at CSUSB. The job is to assist in laboratory research.
Up to 19 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday within the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under minimal supervision of the PI, the Lab Research Technician will work independently to:
- Design and perform biochemistry and molecular biology experiments including PCR, protein expression and purification, transformations, plasmid preparations, gel electrophoresis, and protein-protein binding assays.
- Write and modify laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as needed.
- Understand and adhere to laboratory safety guidelines.
- Keep organized records of experiments and results through the use of a lab notebook and standard word processing programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, or biochemistry
- Experience: At least 6 months of experience conducting research in a research lab
- Experience working in a research lab performing PCR, protein expression and purification, transformations, plasmid preparations and gel electrophoresis.
- Experience designing and conducting protein-protein binding assays.
- Familiarity with using the following laboratory equipment: AKTA FPLC systems, centrifuges, programmable orbital shakers, multimode plate readers, thermocyclers.
- Experience with MS Office
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d388eb852bb2d6448d65c011026fd602