Nursing A D Faculty
Bemidji State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Unlimited Full-Time
Job Number: 201900004
Location: Bemidji, MN
Department: Northwest Technical College
Closing: 5/5/2019 11:59 PM Central
- Teach nursing related courses as needed in PN and AD programs.
- Participates in college governance, committees and task forces.
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with established curriculum and course outlines.
- Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic and student records, and submits records according to published guideline
- Participates in professional development, advisory board meetings, student and other educational activities in accordance with college policy.
- Contribute to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, service to the College and community, and other associated faculty duties.
- Education Requirement
- Master's degree with a major in nursing, nursing administration, nursing education, public health nursing or a nursing clinical specialty.
- Occupational Experience Requirement
- Two full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience as a registered nurse at the professional level.
- Recency Requirement
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Professional Requirement
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
- course construction (credit course)*
- teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
- student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
- philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
- Faculty shall have a degree in education or three years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status.
- * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the specified teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the field for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
- ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
- Experience with diverse cultures and populations
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience with national nursing accreditation
- Previous teaching experience in the clinical setting, traditional classroom and on-line teaching, specifically, medical-surgical and long term care
- Professional communication skills
- Experience with data and outcome management
- Experience with simulation education
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Experience with D2L BrightSpace
- Expressed interest and experience in working with diverse cultures and populations
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State College Faculty. https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/813050_eb1d821558424310805e6f37046927a1.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (Minn State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to Minn State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- NTC is a tobacco free workplace.
- Cover letter, which addresses the required qualifications and your specific interest in working at Northwest Technical College.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Names and contact information for three (3) people who can provide a professional reference.
- Unofficial transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
Great things are happening at Northwest Technical College where student success is our priority! Bemidji is a vibrant, urban community with growth noted in academics, industry, employment, and tourism. Come and join our team and our community with this tremendous employment opportunity.
Number of vacancies to be filled: 2
A Complete application will include the following attachments:
Position Related Inquiries:
Michele Brielmaier, Director of Nursing
Northwest Technical College
UNIVERSITY/COMMUNITY: Northwest Technical College is located in Bemidji, Minnesota in Northern Minnesota. The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and serves as a regional center for education, commerce, recreation, health care, and the arts. Bemidji State University, a partner institution, and Northwest Technical College, welcome 6,000 students annually. Northwest Technical College offers hands-on learning in Business, Health Care, Manufacturing Technology, Automotive Service and Performance, Commercial Refrigeration, and General Education. As a partner in Distance Minnesota, the College is engaged in innovative distance education with most of its programs offered online, in addition to on campus. Northwest Technical College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MinnState) http://www.minnstate.edu. To learn more about the student-centered environment at Northwest Technical College, visit www.ntcmn.edu.
In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens. While the city of Bemidji -- named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) -- is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations - Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students have an opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Northwest Technical College is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area -- just 12 miles north of campus -- offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0
Northwest Technical College is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji/jobs/2358990/nursing-a-d-faculty
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency