This ad is expired.
Office Coordinator, Career Education Center
Main Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MAMain Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons University is looking for an Office Coordinator to join the Career Education Center ("CEC"). Reporting to the Director, the Office Coordinator will serve as a principal point of contact and resource for students, staff, faculty, alumnae/i, and external clients as they engage with the CEC. From managing the day-to-day operations of the CEC, oversight of student workers and support for CEC events, the Office Coordinator will play a critical role in preparing Simmons current and previous students for professional success.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
Administrative - Oversee all administrative functions and needs of the office, including customer service, operational support, and support for the Director and CEC staff:
- Oversee the CEC email inbox, main phone number, and office calendar, working with the CEC's student workers;
- Oversee scheduling of departmental appointments and meetings;
- Maintain the CEC's section of the simmons.edu website, including editing and updating the site and online event listings;
- Assist with event planning, management, promotion, and marketing of CEC events;
- Assist the Director with all aspects of the department budget and software contracts;
- Assist CEC staff by overseeing aspects of the career platform Handshake;
- Assist students, alumnx, and employers with accessing Handshake and other CEC software;
- Create and update operational training manuals as needed;
- Assist the Director with oversight of all operational data collection and reporting, including career and employment outcomes, internship data collection, surveys and evaluation forms from events and workshops, and semester activity tracking.
- Assist the Director in coordinating the administration of the Clifton Strengths assessment for Simmons students;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Oversight of Student Workers
- Conduct weekly check-ins with 6-10 student workers;
- Assist in the hiring, training, evaluation process of student workers in the CEC;
- Schedule and support professional development for student workers;
- Train and support student workers on Handshake: approval of jobs, employers, events, and student/alumnx activations.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Assist Director with diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Assist with DE&I programming for office and coordinate relevant DE&I training for staff
- Serve as a principal point of contact in the office for students, faculty, staff, alumnae/I, employers, and other external clients who engage with the CEC, creating an inclusive, welcoming and supportive environment.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum 2-3 years of related professional experience, preferably in higher education;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail, organization and prioritization skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to think critically and proactively solve issues before and when they arise;
- Proven ability to work with individuals across a broad array of identities and perspectives;
- Collaborative team player who can work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment;
- Familiarity with common software applications such as MS Office Suite and Google apps;
- Proficient with spreadsheet applications such as Excel and database application software;
- Interest in higher education administration and/or career services a plus;
- Passion for creating and supporting inclusive welcoming and supportive environments.
This is a campus based position that is eligible for partial remote work and may require some night or weekend work.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Office-Coordinator--Career-Education-Center_R08741
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.