Patient Care Tech Assistant
Job Opening ID: 176760
Work Location: Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Group: Um Hospital
Department: KEC OR/PACU
Posting Begin/End Date: 8/12/2019 8/19/2019
Paid Time Off:
Career Interest: Patient Care Services
Patient Care Tech Assistants support the operational needs of the unit and assist in the delivery of care as a member of the O.R. team.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Maintain room cleanliness prior to and following surgical procedures.
- Assist with preparation of operating room including retrieval of monitors and specialty items, and related equipment for surgeries.
- Ensure availability of instruments and supplies needed for case. Assist with opening of supplies and instruments.
- Assist nursing staff in preparing patient for surgery including: lifting, positioning, prepping and additional duties as directed by the circulating nurse or manager.
- Delivery of blood products and specimens to appropriate location(s).
- Pick daily cases according to scheduled operative time and urgency.
- Maintains the unit environment including cores, rooms, scrub areas, hallways, equipment rooms, and supply rooms.
- Return instruments and unused supplies at case completion or when cases are cancelled.
- Assist with transportation of patients as needed including retrieval of beds and stretchers, transport patient from unit to O.R. as needed.
- Respond and assist to emergency/trauma cases, assist surgical team as directed.
- Precept new hires as assigned.
- Demonstrate appropriate infection control and universal precautions.
- Complete duties associated with team affiliation.
- Serve on unit based committees as a representative of the Perioperative technician group.
Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others
- Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and potentially stressful environment
- Demonstrate dependability, initiative, ability to prioritize, and ability to accept direction
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team and be self-directed.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attendance record
- High School diploma or equivalent
Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program, Certified Nursing Assistant or equivalent years of experience preferred.
General supervision is received from area supervisor and manager.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply, visit http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/176760/patient_care_tech_assistant
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency