This ad is expired.
Programmer Analyst II
Telecom Enterprise Network Services
The Programmer Analyst II's role is to develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst II will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
While some management oversight may be expected for specific projects, this position is expected to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of the following duties:
- Performs systems analysis and develops programming code defined in project plans to meet design specifications, customer requirements, and/or applies vendor supplied upgrades.
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user or system design specifications
- Completes application modifications to enhance functionality, adapt to technology changes, and to correct application errors.
- Completes other programming tasks, as assigned.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT Ops) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
- Exercise judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, use time efficiently, and stay on task.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships.
- Intermediate level analytical and design skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
- Intermediate level understanding of programming languages, syntax structures, and data management techniques.
- Understanding of application and database design and development concepts and standards.
- Training in computer programming through education or experience.
- Specific technical skills, as appropriate to the area and/or team.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus one (1) year related full-time experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience.
Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-fbf1830fff903a4e90105a6c88af84ea